CPS Takes Baby From Mother With C-section for Needing Help
My name is Jasmine
I had my SON on the 3rd of January, in the year 2017
He’s born at the UMC in Las Vegas The DAY I AM TO BE DISCHARGED, IVE BEEN IN THE HOSPITAL FOR OVER A WEEK. MY HUSBAND PERRY’ HAS A ANXIETY ATTACK! MY HUSBAND LEAVES TO GET HIS MEDICATION.
I need help with my baby and I’ve asked for help. My son was starting to fuss I believed he more than likely needed to have his diaper changed.
* I would have to lift him up. I had just had a C-SECTION
* I can tell the nurse (of color is upset with me. She’s gone and comes back with a different nurse. The nurse then close my door and is talking to the DOCTOR
* The following morning @ about 10 am:
I AM ACCUSED OF A LIE (MADE BY THE NURSE
WHY? BECAUSE I NEEDED HELP)
* I’d been feeding my baby. I got up from the bed and pushed my baby around to strengthen myself.
After I am discharged I CALL MY MOM AND DAD- they ALSO are CONFUSED. Before leaving the hospital my husband’s mom WOULD HELP ME My parents came to the hospital, once.
* My husbands STEP DAD ALWAYS BEING DISRESPECTFUL TOWARDS My Husband GOES BACK TO EVEN BEFORE I CONCEIVE My Baby
* TERREL TELLS PERRY NOT TO CALL HIS MOM FOE HELP.
My mother in law is coming over really early every morning and unannounced. I don’t mind it tho, She’s helping me take care of my baby. @ the time I am not working because of having a C-section. My husband is in between jobs, even though we were buying our house. (two bedrooms two baths. & our bills were being paid. (January 2017)
* On about the 22nd my mother-in-law remarks, it is cold in my place. In parts of my home, it would be a different temperature than in my sons. I made sure his room stayed warm tho and my baby had everything he needed.
* The next day CPS show up this being my second contact/ the first one was done in a different unit same complex on January ninth
* CPS shows up, in feeding my baby. (My husband is asleep. I’m asked if the thermostat works-)
* IM TOLD IF I GET ONE MORE REPORT IM TAKING YOUR CHILD (WHAT!!?? The same day my mother in law shows up, acting concerned. After we talk about what happened I allow my baby to go with her, Monday through Friday. Sunday that weekend I run out of formula but have a gift card and just need a ride to get it.
* My husband and I are taken by surprise when we are driven to a notary at 9 pm to sign papers. My mother in law husband asks as we are in the driveway if we had our IDs on us or not? (NOTHING WAS SAID before US ARRIVING at THE NOTARY (SHERECE WAS MY MOTHER-IN-LAWS FRIEND.) We get out of the car and on the trunk, we are being told to sign guardianship paper
Questioning my parenting I felt both scared and confused. We get back in the car, no words are said. My husband is upset, asks his mom what just happened? He is ignored she does not say a word.
* My mother in law gives my dad’s number to her husband. I then get a call from my dad he is upset with me. Why the papers?
* We were indeed struggling but we never neglected our child.
* WE DID/DO NOT DRINK • WE DID/DO NOT PARTY • WE DID/DO NOT SMOKE
FEBRUARY MY SON IS WITH MY MOTHER IN LAW
* March 2017 ( I KEPT CALLING FOR MY SON -DEFAULTED GUARDIANSHIP
* My husband and I have kicked off a bus for not having a transfer, we were on the phone with my father in law (NO ONE PICKED US UP. NO ONE WANTED TO HELP US.
* With the default guardianship visits will be supervised. I tell my mother in law I do not want her husband at the visits, because he and her son do not get along. HE IS ALWAYS DISRESPECTFUL
* For three months my husband and I are taking bus rides, one day my mother in law husband yells at us. /We wanted to see our son at our place. My husband is asking her why can’t we mom. She completely ignores him.
* Having no communication my husband and I decide to file to terminate the guardianship
December 2017 I am back in court-THE JUDGE IS NOT HAPPY WITH MY MOTHER-IN-LAW OR HER HUSBAND/WE TELL HER WE HAVE NOT BEEN ALLOWED TO SEE OUR SON, SHE GOES OFF ON MY MOTHER IN LAWS HUSBAND
THE JUDGE APOLOGIZING TO BOTH MY HUSBAND AND me FOR WHAT WE HAD BEEN GOING THROUGH WITH CPS (she giving us a choice)
* I HAD JUST STARTED WORKING FOR AMAZON (THE JUDGE ASKS IF MY HUSBAND AND I WANT TO TERMINATE GUARDIANSHIP)
We decide to leave him a little longer because we wanted to be guaranteed
MY MOTHER IN LAW STARTED GOING OUT OF TOWN WITH MY SON WITHOUT TELLING ME ANYTHING. & THEN MY SON WOULD HAVE UNEXPLAINED MARKS/BRUISES IN 2018 I HAD MY SON EVERY WEEKEND. ONE DAY MY HUSBAND SHOWS UP LATE.
(I’m home I’ve taken the bus. It comes up that I am still upset. My husband’s stepdad interferes in the conversation. He’s cornered my husband while he is holding our son. My husband holding on tight to our son and has got a diaper bag in the other hand. He is close to some stairs. My husband is being told to put the baby down because he is wanting to fight.)
* I WAS UPSET AT MY MOTHER IN LAW FOR NOT STANDING UP FOR HER GRANDSON (HER HUSBAND FOLLOWED MY HUSBAND TO THE CAR AND STOOD THERE EGGING MY HUSBAND ON. SO WHEN I HEAR ABOUT IT I TELL MY HUSBAND NOT TO GO OVER THERE AGAIN. HIS MOM IS BRINGING OVER THE CARSEAT – (my husband’s dad calls wanting to know what happened /even though mom and dad were not together she would call my husband’s dad to complain. (My father in law would say he is gonna stay out of it.
* My husband calls the police (his mom is at our house I hear her talking about the fight to my husband’s dad. ( her expressions seem 2 WEIRD
* I’m fed up
* I FEEL DISRESPECTED FOR THE LAST TIME ~I TELL MY MOTHER IN LAW HER HUSBAND IS THE PROBLEM/I AM UPSET SHE HAS TAKEN HER HUSBANDS SIDE. My Mother in law is IN MY FACE, SHE LEAVES I TELL COPS WHAT HAPPENED BETWEEN MY MOTHER IN LAW AND ME.
* The officer try’s calling my mother in law she doesn’t answer her phone
* My mother in law has agreed to give me back my son.
WE FILE to terminate my mother /in-law GUARDIANSHIP
In COURT I HAVE A REPORT FILED BY CPS (the 2nd time)
My mother in laws husband CALLS CPS:
I have paid 1000 for a lawyer to represent my husband and I (Thomas Erie)
* My mother in law hires an attorney
* Our attorney files to terminate the guardianship
* My mother in law files to terminate my parental rights
* NO TIME TO RESPOND- THE JUDGE IS NOT RULING IN OUR FAVOR
* January 2020 ( SAME JUDGE LINDA MARQUIS
The court on January 13 gets pushed to February 13 the 25th I file to terminate the guardianship and to file a petition for my parental rights
* Two cases in one, my mother in law takes the stand, my husband has his attorney and my son had his.
* I am on the stand for two hours I am cross-examined by my mother-in-law’s attorney. I am questioned by 1). 2). 3).
* I FEEL INTERROGATED BY MY MOTHER IN LAWS ATTORNEY
* LINDA MARQUIS IS TAKING NOTES
* I repeat the question so I can understand it, so I can give a correct answer
THE JUDGE IS WANTING TO SETTLE EVERYTHING RIGHT THEN AND THERE
* She wants my mother in law to have full custody. My husband and I are like NO. NO. NO.
MY HUSBANDS DADS GIRLFRIEND IS TESTIFYING FOR MY MOTHER IN LAW AS A WITNESS, THEN MY MOTHER IN LAW, then ME THEN MY HUSBAND
* My mother-in-law is talking about her son’s childhood. (the judge is encouraging her not to hold back
* My mother in law is testifying she reads the Bible and that my son calls her mommy and her husband poppy
MY TESTIMONY DID NOT MATTER (NOR DID MY HUSBANDS) I WAS UPSET ABOUT HOW MY SON WOULD HAVE MARKS ON HIS FACE AND I WAS NEVER TOLD ABOUT HOW HE WOULD GET HURT
* I AM IGNORED. MY HUSBAND IS UPSET AND THE JUDGE IS ANGRY.
The grandma is not in the right mind to take of a child because she is using this child for money that is all. She has expressed that she does not want this child to be with his parents and that she wants to be a parent and grandparent to this child. She is very jealous person towards the person and will manipulate this child by any means.